DC Comics revealed six new titles at a press convention at C2E2 right now. These titles will fall underneath the banner “Dark Matter” and can start to debut this summer season.
It kicks off with Dark Knights: Metal in August. Former Batman inventive workforce Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo reunite for this guide, which can set the tone and world for the opposite sequence. The new banner will concentrate on what the writer referred to as Masterclass artists working with newer writers. It will “bring the sense of craft into storytelling,” defined DC co-publisher Jim Lee throughout a press convention on Thursday morning.
The writer needs to increase its universe and attain a brand new viewers. co-publisher of DC Dan Didio defined that “It’s a starting point for characters. It’s a starting point for stories. We gotta keep building. We gotta keep introducing people to the DCU.” The Dark Matter banner will exist alongside the common DC Universe, and the problems will value $three. Variant covers for the books is not going to be launched.
Below is the checklist of upcoming books underneath the Dark Matter label.
- Sideways by Dan DiDio, Justin Jordan, and Kenneth Rocafort. A youngster comes into contact with darkish matter and good points the flexibility to teleport by way of the darkish dimension.
- Immortal Men by James Tynion IV and Jim Lee. Five siblings who had been born firstly of time recruit the elite to cease Armageddon. This will likely be a horror sequence.
- Damage by Robert Venditti and Tony S. Daniel. Ethan Avery is cursed with the flexibility to unleash a monster for one hour at a time.
- The Silencer by Dan Abnett with artwork by John Romita Jr. This guide follows an murderer who strikes to the suburbs for a traditional life. Romita Jr. described the guide as John Wick with out the tragedy.
- New Challengers by Scott Snyder and Andy Kubert. An journey guide within the vein of the basic DC sequence Challengers of the Unknown.
Below, you will discover character designs for the upcoming books.
Didio claimed that the true winners for this new banner are the followers. They wish to have that very same burst of inventive power that the writer had when Jack Kirby launched parts like Fourth World and Kamandi to DC again within the early ’70s. Romita Jr. mentioned that they must maintain attempting new concepts, explaining that they can not stay stagnant. There must be some fearlessness when creating new concepts.