Bandai Namco has detailed a patch for Dark Souls Remastered that’s meant to enhance safety and tackle dishonest within the sport’s on-line multiplayer mode. The patch is ready to launch on July 11 (precise occasions beneath) and sport servers can be offline through the upkeep time. However, offline play will not be impacted.
Along with the crackdown on cheaters, the brand new patch will even tweak gameplay to stamp out a number of bugs, together with one the place The Four Kings to not correctly seem in The Abyss. Beyond that there is some modifications to make sure in-game messages from different gamers are correctly displayed and the right variety of Estus Flasks are proven if you use a Black Separation Crystal. Take a have a look at the total patch notes beneath, courtesy of Bandai Namco.
Server Maintenance Times
- Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 01:00 – 03:00
- Japanese Standard Time (JST): 10:00 – 12:00
- Central European Standard Time (CEST): 03:00 – 05:00
- Pacific Daylight Time (Maintenance begins on July 10 within the PDT time zone) (PDT): 18:00 – 20:00
- Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 01:00 – 07:00
- Japanese Standard Time (JST): 10:00 – 16:00
- Central European Standard Time (CEST): 03:00 – 09:00
- Pacific Daylight Time (Maintenance begins on July 10 within the PDT time zone) (PDT): 18:00 – 00:00
- Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 08:00 – 10:00
- Japanese Standard Time (JST): 17:00 – 19:00
- Central European Standard Time (CEST): 10:00 – 12:00
- Pacific Daylight Time (PDT): 01:00 – 03:00
- Fixed a bug through which The Four Kings should not displayed correctly in The Abyss.
- Fixed a bug through which the ending comes up in Kiln of the primary flame with out defeating the boss if you do particular strikes earlier than the boss space.
- Fixed a bug through which participant’s clear information is faulty when the applying is completed on particular circumstances after defeating Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.
- Fixed a bug through which messages should not exhibited to different gamers on asynchronous on-line.
- Fixed a bug through which session matching stops throughout on-line mode when the participant fails to affix the session the place blocked gamers are enjoying.
- Fixed a bug through which the variety of Estus Flask possessions shouldn’t be displayed correctly if you return by Black Separation Crystal.
- Improved the safety in opposition to dishonest throughout on-line multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug through which the applying can’t be launched.
Playstation Four and Steam/PC
- Fixed a bug through which gamers develop into invisible throughout on-line multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug through which after gamers reset their stats and create a brand new profile, the brand new profile nonetheless options the reset stats.
In GameSpot’s authentic Dark Souls review Kevin VanOrd awarded the sport a 9.5/10, praising its “gorgeous and frightening world, amazing bosses, and superb combat.”
He continued: “Dark Souls requires intense focus. This isn’t a lighthearted romp in a bright and colorful fantasy world; it’s a methodical journey into the frightening unknown. And that’s what makes it so riveting. Some games try to scare you with bump-in-the-night shocks and far-off howls, but Dark Souls doesn’t require such predictable methods of terror. Its terrors emanate from its very core, each step bringing you closer to another inevitable death. How amazing that such a terrible place could be so inviting. The game’s world is so memorable, and its action so thrilling, that it might invade your thoughts even when you aren’t playing, silently urging you to escape the real world and return to this far more treacherous one. Dark Souls doesn’t just surpass other dungeon crawlers; it skewers them with a razor-sharp halberd and leaves behind their soulless corpses.”
One of the sport’s greatest downsides, the inconsistent body fee, is has been alleviated considerably within the remaster, making it the very best model of the sport to play. If you’d wish to see what the sport can appear like at its worst, there is a Dark Souls episode of Potato Mode through which Joey and Jean-Luc fiddle round with the sport’s settings to power it to look as unhealthy as potential.