Epic Games has launched a brand new content material replace for Fortnite on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and cellular. The replace introduces a brand new weapon and merchandise, in addition to a few Limited Time Events (LTE). Undoubtedly the largest addition is the Driftboard, which lets gamers “catch air, perform tricks, and imagine whole new ways to use the Driftboard in Creative mode.”
There’s additionally some contemporary firepower within the type of the Infantry Rifle, which gives precision fireplace downrange. The new Driftin’ LTE is a chance to make good use of the Driftboard, because it has a racing ingredient to its gameplay. If you are after one thing just a little extra chaotic, Catch mode removes all weapons, however leaves in grenades and different objects that may be thrown at enemies. Take a have a look at the complete patch notes under to see all the brand new content material coming to Fortnite’s battle royale mode. You can head to the official Fortnite website to see what’s new with the Save The World and Creative modes.
Limited Time Mode: Driftin’
Gear up and seize a Driftboard from a Red Supply Drop, meet up together with your group, then race to eradicate the enemies. Last group standing wins!
- Two groups of 32 gamers.
- All Chests and Ammo Boxes have been eliminated.
- Red Supply Drops fall all around the map, every containing a Driftboard, weapons, and ammo.
- Health and Shields slowly regenerate when driving on a Driftboard.
Limited Time Mode: Catch!
In this mode, all weapons have been eliminated. The solely weapons are grenades and different objects that may be thrown or tossed. Get in there and throw the enemies again to the foyer!
- Available grenades/objects:
- Smoke Grenades
- Remote Explosives
- Impulse Grenades
- Shockwave Grenades
- Chest spawns and Floor Spawns set to 100.
- Can solely get consumables out of Chests, Floor Loot, and Supply Drops.
- Increase Supply Drops all through the sport.
- Faster circle instances.
- Increased drop stack counts.
Weapons + Items
- Use weapons or consumables as you journey the slopes. Boost previous the competitors with electrifying velocity. Loot and revive downed allies. All with out ever getting off the Driftboard!
- Building just isn’t doable whereas on the Driftboard.
- Can be discovered scattered throughout the map.
Fortnite Season eight is rapidly approaching and though it stays unclear what Epic has in retailer for gamers, it appears the transition goes to have a big effect on the island. Players have been reporting earthquakes for a number of weeks now and, extra lately, cracks within the island have began to look. It may very well be that Epic is planning to interrupt off chunks of the landmass to combine issues up a bit.
Although Season 7’s challenges have come to an finish, there are actually Overtime Challenges to do. They’re fairly simple and finishing 13 of them will unlock a free Fortnite Season 8 Battle Pass. The Overtime Challenges are at the moment set to run out on February 27, which has led to hypothesis that Season eight may start on February 28, although Epic hasn’t formally confirmed this.
Take a have a look at our complete Fortnite Season 7 challenges roundup in the event you nonetheless have excellent challenges from the present season. The roundup compiles all the ideas and guides we have written for Season 7’s tricker challenges, so you should utilize it to get them finished rapidly.