Last week, Respawn Entertainment announced continued plans to take care of Apex Legends cheaters however did not specify what these plans have been. While the California-based studio nonetheless is not sharing any specifics, in order to keep away from serving to cheaters cheat, Respawn is lastly ready to speak a bit about what’s taking place behind the scenes. That contains bans being handed out to 1 / 4 of one million gamers.
Respawn’s government producer, Drew McCoy, penned another blog post about what’s taking place to cheaters in EA’s battle royale. “We can’t share details on what we’re doing so as to not give a head’s up to the cheat makers,” McCoy writes. “But what we can say is that we’re attacking this from every angle: from improvements in detecting cheaters, to bolstering resources and tools, to improving processes and other sneaky things to combat sellers and cheaters.”
According to McCoy, Respawn has shared “some high-level stats” on the progress up to now. You can learn the total statistics beneath.
- The not too long ago added in-game reporting software has had a big effect on discovering new cheats, together with beforehand undetectable cheats that are actually being discovered robotically through EAC
- Total bans are actually at 770Ok gamers
- We have blocked over 300Ok account creations
- We have banned over 4,000 cheat vendor accounts (spammers) within the final 20 days
- Total matches on PC impacted by cheaters or spammers has been lowered by over half within the final month resulting from latest efforts.
“It is a constant war with the cheat makers that we will continue to fight,” McCoy says. “We take cheating in Apex Legends incredibly seriously and have a large amount of resources tackling it from a variety of angles.” McCoy hasn’t specified when Respawn will define plans to take care of cheaters, however he did affirm that he’ll “be again subsequent week with an replace on one other one of many points referred to as out in last week’s post.”
In different information, Respawn confirmed that all Titanfall projects have been tabled in order that the corporate can concentrate on Apex Legends and Star Wars – Jedi: Fallen Order. In specializing in Apex Legends, Respawn has said that the sport’s Season 2 plans might be outlined at this yr’s EA Play occasion simply earlier than E3 in June. Some of the recommended modifications coming to Season 2 of Apex Legends are new characters, objects, weapons, and alterations to the map.