Valve introduced right now that the Steam Link app, which brings streaming video games to your cell system, is now available as a free download for iOS and Apple TV. This is notable as a result of it was simply 11 months in the past that Apple rejected the app as a result of it violated various Apple’s tips.
At the time, Apple stated it deliberate to proceed to speak and price with Valve to convey Steam Link to iOS and Apple TV, and that is now occurred. However, there is no such thing as a phrase on how the 2 sides got here to phrases.
The Steam Link app guarantees to convey “desktop gaming to your iPhone or iPad.” Users can pair a Steam controller or any MFI (Made-for-iPhone/iPad) controller to play video games over a community connection offered they’re on the identical native community.
Here are the necessities and specs for “best performance,” according to Valve.
- iPhone or iPad utilizing iOS 10 or larger
- Computer operating Steam – Windows, Mac, or Linux
- iOS system have to be on the identical native community as the pc operating Steam
- Connect your pc utilizing Ethernet to your 5Ghz WiFi router
- Connect your iOS system to the 5GHz band of your WiFi community
- Keep your iOS system inside an inexpensive vary of your router
The Steam Link app is successfully a substitute for the bodily Steam Link system that Steam discontinued in 2018. Steam Link is already out there on Android.
For heaps extra on Steam Link, take a look at the official Steam Link page on Valve’s website.