The newest weekend field workplace numbers are in, and the Fast & Furious spinoff Hobbs & Shaw starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jason Statham, opened to an enormous quantity.
The motion movie took in $60.eight million throughout its US/Canada opening this weekend, which made it far and away the largest film of the weekend, in keeping with field workplace numbers from Entertainment Weekly. Hobbs & Shaw made an additional $120 million from its abroad opening to deliver its world haul to $180 million after only one weekend. As it occurs, $180 million can also be the estimated manufacturing price range of Hobbs & Shaw.
At $60.eight million in North America, Hobbs & Shaw carried out considerably decrease than virtually each different film within the sequence, however that’s to be anticipated given it’s a spinoff. You can see the home opening-weekend figures for each Fast & Furious film posted beneath via Box Office Mojo.
Hobbs & Shaw is directed by Deadpool 2 director David Leitch. The film additionally options Idris Elba because the villain, alongside Helen Mirren, Eiza Gonzalez, and Eddie Marsan.
The complete Fast & Furious franchise has now made greater than $5 billion in field workplace receipts worldwide because it premiered all the way in which again in 2009. Hobbs & Shaw is the ninth instalment.
GameSpot’s review of Hobbs & Shaw referred to as it “wildly fun, but very dumb.”
Elsewhere, Disney’s The Lion King completed No. 2 with $38.2 million to push its home haul to $430.9 million. The film has now made $764.9 million from worldwide markets to push its world haul to $1.195 billion. Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, in the meantime, added $20 million this weekend within the US and Canada to push its complete haul to $78.eight million; the film opens later in August in different components of the world.
August 2-4 Domestic Box Office
- Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw — $60.eight million
- The Lion King — $38.2 million
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood — $20 million
- Spider-Man: Far From Home — $7.eight million
- Toy Story 4 — $7.2 million
- Yesterday — $2.Four million
- The Farewell — $2.Four million
- Crawl — $2.2 million
- Aladdin — $2 million
- Annabelle Comes Home — $875,000
Fast & Furious Franchise Opening-Weekend Box Office (Domestic Only)
- Furious 7 (2015) — $147.2 million
- The Fate of the Furious (2016) — $98.eight million
- Fast & Furious 6 (2013) — $97.Four million
- Fast Five (2011) — $86.2 million
- Fast & Furious (2009) — $70.95 million
- Hobbs & Shaw (2019) — $60.eight million
- 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) — $50.Four million
- The Fast and the Furious (2001) — $40 million
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) — $23.9 million