Early this month, Rocket League gamers on Linux and Mac got the information that their variations of the sport would no longer be supported for on-line play. These gamers, who’re mentioned to make up lower than 1% of the sport’s whole participant inhabitants, won’t be able to play the sport on-line anymore after an replace in March.
Thankfully, affected gamers are actually being provided refunds for his or her buy of the sport. In a put up on Reddit, a workforce member from developer Psyonix has outlined the method concerned, and it is fairly simple.
While homeowners had been initially inspired to contact Psyonix immediately, this turned out to not be the easiest way to deal with the scenario, and the workforce has labored with Valve to make the refund course of simpler.
Here are the steps vital for Linux and Mac customers to assert their refund:
- Go to the Steam Support web site
- Select Purchases
- Select Rocket League (you might want to pick “View complete purchasing history” to see it)
- Select I would love a refund, then I’d prefer to request a refund
- From the Reason dropdown menu, choose My difficulty isn’t listed
- In notes, write “Please refund my Mac/Linux version of Rocket League, Psyonix will be discontinuing support”
Rocket League has undergone some main modifications just lately. In late 2019, it dropped loot boxes in favor of a brand new “key” system, and needed to change its pricing mannequin on this new system after significant backlash.